Advanced Movement Course Description:
The Advanced Movement Course (306) is an advanced 3-day course designed to develop a mobile firing platform with pistol and rifles. In this advanced level rifle & pistol class students will learn to effectively engage targets on the move from 5-25 yards by improving their mobility and stability while shooting. Close range shooting with both rifle & pistol will focus on acceptable sight pictures while extended range shooting will focus on accuracy. Students will constantly be exposed to challenging drills designed to shoot under pressure where understanding time, distance and exposure is critical to marksmanship. Subjects include types of movement, directions of movement, movement techniques, acceptable sight picture theory and trigger management for movement. A major objective is the ability to move dynamically while engaging targets effective regardless of range measured against time and accuracy. Supporting objectives include: athletic shooting stance, rigid gun mount, movement speed variants and sight misalignment demonstrations.
Rifle & Pistol Gear:
- AR15/M4 rifle/carbine with tactical sling & red dot sight (weapon light optional)
- Defensive pistol (weapon light optional)
- 1,500 rounds of factory rifle ammunition
- 500 rounds of factory pistol ammunition
- 7x rifle magazines and 5x pistol magazines minimum
- 5x inert training rounds for both (no A-Zooms)
- Training uniform: long pants, comfortable shirt, athletic shoes, ball cap and gloves
- Elbow/knee pads or shooting pad (optional)
- 1stLine gear (rigid belt, sturdy holster, magazine pouches and dump pouch)
- 2ndLine gear (comfortable chest rig capable of holding 4 rifle magazines)
- Handheld flashlight
- Clear/tinted wrap around ballistic eye
- Hearing protection (recommended electronic)
- Hydration system and energy snacks
- Firearm cleaning kit and quality lubrication
- Open mind
Advanced Movement Prerequisites:
Combative Rifle 2 or similar
Registration fee does not include any associated range fees.
There are no reviews yet.