AR Pistol Course Description:
The AR Pistol Shooting Methods (213) is a 1-day basic course designed to introduce the AR pistol as defensive firearm. In this course, students will become familiar with the characteristics, features, and controls of the most popular AR type pistol. They will learn the pros & cons to ownership, shooting and setup. Close range shooting will focus on how to shoot the AR pistol faster with improved recoil management. Standoff range shooting will focus on how to shoot the AR pistol accurately with improved trigger control. Students are exposed to a battery of drills designed to improve their shooting technique with both speed and accuracy standards. Subjects include overall capability, sling selection, recoil control, sling method and bag deployment. A major objective is the consistent ability to deliver rapid hits at close range then transition to accurate hits at standoff range. Additional subjects include accessory selection, pistol shooting method, bag/case selection, shooting positions, barricade use.
Core Concepts Covered:
- Demonstrate knowledge of firearms safety and safe firearms handling techniques.
- Demonstrate knowledge of nomenclature and manual of arms AR pistols.
- Demonstrate knowledge of AR pistols capabilities and limitations.
- Discuss cruiser ready and condition three for AR pistols and when to make ready.
- Learn shooting techniques using sling tension method.
- Demonstrate live fire sling tension method.
- Learn to shoot using the pistol method.
- Perform combat reloading and ammunition management training exercises.
- Learn shoulder switching techniques both slung and un-slung.
- Learn how to properly store and deploy AR pistol from bag or case
- Perform one hand shooting training exercises.
Basic AR Pistol Gear:
- AR Pistol* chambered in 9mm, 5.56mm or 300BLK w/red dot sight
- 500 rounds of factory ammunition
- 3x magazines minimum
- Adjustable sling
- AR Pistol discreet carry case/bag
- Range attire: long pants, comfortable shirt, athletic shoes, and ball cap
- System for carrying 3x magazines (belt mounted or chest rig)
- Wrap around ballistic eye protection
- Hearing protection
- Gloves and knee pads (optional)
- Water, snacks, sunscreen, and appropriate inclement weather clothing
- Firearms cleaning kit and quality lubrication
- Notebook and pencil
*Short Barrel Rifles or SBR’s are permitted as a suitable platform for this course.
AR Pistol Class Prerequisites:
Rifle 1 or similar