Basic Rifle Course Description:
The Basic Rifle 1 (201) is a 2-day beginner rifle course designed to introduce the modern AR15/M4 rifle for self-defense. In this basic rifle class, students learn essential rifle shooting skills & standards from 5 to 50 yards. Shooting drills focus on applying marksmanship skills in a safe and controlled manner with an emphasis on accuracy. Students will be provided feedback on technique application along with guidance on correcting common shooting errors. Subjects covered include: proper rifle setup, proper zeroing procedures, shooting positions, gun handling and basic marksmanship. A major objective is the ability to mount the rifle consistently to deliver accurate shoots at common ranges expected for self-defense usage. Additional subjects include; gear selection, ammunition performance, sling setup and ready positions.
Basic Rifle Gear:
- AR15/M4 rifle/carbine
- Adjustable rifle sling
- Red dot sight or back up iron sights
- 500 rounds of factory rifle ammunition (500 rounds minimum)
- 3 x rifle magazines minimum
- 3 x inert rifle training rounds
- Range attire: long pants, comfortable shirt, athletic shoes and ball cap
- Elbow/knee pads or shooting pad (optional)
- Clear/tinted wrap around ballistic eye protection
- Hearing protection
- Water, snacks, sunscreen and appropriate inclement weather clothing
- Firearms cleaning kit and quality lubrication
- Notebook and pencil
- Open mind
Basic Rifle Prerequisites:
- Know and understand the firearm safety rules
- Know and understand how to operate your rifle, loading, unloading and malfunction clearances
- Know and understand basic marksmanship techniques
Registration fee does not include any associated range fees.
There are no reviews yet.