The Tactical Pistol 2 (201) is a 2-day intermediate pistol course designed to equip the modern gunfighter with shooting skills necessary for close range defensive settings. In this intermediate pistol course, students learn the essential pistol skills from 0 to 25 yards. Close range shooting will focus on speed, while shooting at distance will focus on accuracy. Students are constantly exposed to challenging drills designed to shoot under pressure to evaluate knowledge and application. Subjects covered include combat marksmanship, holster drawstroke, gun handling and multiple threats. A major class objective is a rapid drawstroke to deliver accurate fire at close ranges, measured against time and accuracy standards. Additional subjects include shooter diagnostics, movement, strong hand only and ammunition management.
Gear & Equipment:
- Duty pistol, 9mm (red dot sight optional*)
- 1,000 rounds of training ammunition (500 rounds minimum)
- 5 x pistol magazines (8 magazines for single stacks)
- 5 x inert training rounds
- Range attire: long pants, comfortable shirt, athletic shoes and ball cap
- Basic loadout: rigid belt, on the waistband (OWB) holster, magazine pouches and dump pouch (optional)
- Handheld flashlight
- Multi-tool device
- Wrap around ballistic eye protection
- Hearing protection
- Water, snacks, sunscreen and appropriate inclement weather clothing
- Firearms cleaning kit and quality lubrication
- Notebook and pencil
- Open mind
*Students are welcome to use RDS equipped pistols, but must ensure they are properly zeroed. Recommended zero distance is 25 yards for optimal performance, but regardless students must know their impacts at ranges from 0-25 yards.
Basic Pistol 1 or similar. The below drills are suggested as minimum skill requirements to meet the prerequisites. All drills are shot drawing from the holster. The recommended target is the TRICON TCT-MK4 available from Action Target or an official NRA B8 repair center.
- TRICON 455 Test; at the 5 yard line, draw and fire 5 rounds in 5 seconds for 5 repetitions. Must be below par for each repetition and score 200/250 or higher.
- TRICON Test; at the 10 yard line, draw and fire 10 rounds (9 reload 1) in 15 seconds. Must be below par and score 80/100 or higher.
- TRICON Bullseye Qualification; at the 25 yard line draw and fire 5 rounds in 10 seconds for 2 repetitions. Must be below par for each repetition and score 80/100 points or higher combined.
Registration fee does not include any associated range fees.