The Low Visibility Operator (313) is an advanced 3-day course on covert carrying of pistols, compact rifles/sub-guns and other supporting equipment in non-permissive environments. Students learn the essential skills for concealing and drawing their primary carry pistol and fixed blade knife from regular street clothes in high threat surroundings. In additions, students learn the essential skills for concealing and deploying compact rifles/sub-guns from discrete carry bags as both an immediate and planned response. Close range evolutions will focus on quickly defeating the cover garment for fast, first shots on target or knife strikes to vital anatomy. Long range evolutions will focus on delivering precise shots with primary carry pistol or deploying compact rifle/sub-gun for increased range, firepower and effectiveness. Subjects covered include: concealed carry methods, defeat methodology, compact rifle/sub-gun setup, discrete carry bag setup, fixed blade knife techniques, and integrated pistol/rifle/knife techniques. A major objective is maintaining the lowest visibility possible until the last, best option is necessary to stop an attack with either primary carry pistol or compact rifle/sub-gun and break contact. Students are provided real time feedback and corrective strategies based on performance and specified needs. Additional subjects include: movement, multiple threats, choosing cover garments, fixed blade carriage, sling tension method and soft armor incorporation.
- Primary carry pistol, 9mm (red dot sight optional*)
- Compact rifle/sub-gun with red dot sight and weapon mounted light
- Adjustable sling
- 1,000 rounds of pistol training ammunition
- 500 rounds of rifle training ammunition
- 5x pistol magazines minimum
- 3x rifle magazines minimum
- Fixed blade knife with sheath and inert trainer
- 2-3 changes of street clothes to include pants, shirts and outerwear
- Concealed carry gear: sturdy belt, inside the waistband (IWB) holster & single and/or double magazine pouch
- Soft body armor (optional)
- Discrete carry bag/pack
- Handheld flashlight with pocket clip
- Wrap around ballistic eye protection
- Hearing protection
- Firearms cleaning kit and quality lubrication
- Notebook and pencil
- Water, snacks, sunscreen and appropriate inclement weather clothing
- Open mind
*students are welcome to use RDS equipped pistols, but must ensure they are properly zeroed. Recommended zero distance is 25 yards for optimal performance, but regardless students must know their impacts at ranges from 0-25 yards.
The below drills are suggested as minimum skill requirements to meet the prerequisites. All rifle drills are shot using a low ready position of at least 45 degrees downward. All pistol drills are shot from concealment. The recommended target is the TRICON TCT-MK4 available from Action Target or printable TRICON B8 target.
- TRICON pistol “Bravo” Standard; at the 10 yard line, fire 9 rounds reload and fire 1 round in 12 seconds. Must be below par and score 80/100 or higher.
- TRICON rifle “Kilo” standard: at the 25 yard line, fire 1 headshot, move to 15 yard and fire 2 rounds, move to the 10 yard line and fire 3 rounds, move to the 7 yard line and fire a failure to stop, move to the 5 yard line and fire 1 heatshot in 2.5 seconds or less. Must be below par and score 80/100 or higher.
- TRICON rifle “Juliet” standard: at the 50 yard line, fire 10 rounds from any position in 60 seconds or less. Must be below par and score 80/100 or higher.