The Off Duty Carry (213) is an intermediate 2-day course for everyday carry of concealed pistols and supporting equipment after hours. Students learn the essential skills for concealing and drawing their primary carry pistol from regular street clothes in everyday situations. Close range shooting will focus on quickly defeating the cover garment for fast, first shots on target. Long range shooting will focus on delivering precise shots against complex targets. Subjects covered include: concealed carry methods, defeat methodology, drawstroke techniques, hand positions, supporting equipment and defensive mindset. A major objective is stopping a deadly force threat by defeating any cover garment to deliver quick and effective shots. Students are provided real time feedback and corrective strategies based on performance and specified needs. Additional subjects include: movement, multiple threats, choosing cover garments, verbal commands, ammunition management and strong hand only techniques.
- Defensive pistol, 9mm (red dot sight optional*)
- 1,000 rounds of training ammunition**
- 25 rounds of duty ammunition
- 5 x pistol magazines minimum (8 for single stacks)
- 5 x inert training rounds
- Training uniform required:
- Polo or T-shirt
- Button-down shirt
- Jacket or coat
- Sweater or hoodie
- Concealed carry gear
- Sturdy belt
- Inside the Waistband (IWB) holster
- Outside the Waistband (OWB) holster
- Single and or double magazine pouch
- Handheld flashlight with pocket clip
- Eye protection (wrap around)
- Hearing protection
- Firearms cleaning kit and quality lubrication
- Notebook and pencil
- Water, snacks, sunscreen and appropriate inclement weather clothing
- Open mind
*Students are welcome to use RDS equipped pistols, but must ensure they are properly zeroed. Recommended zero distance is 25 yards for optimal performance, but regardless students must know their impacts at ranges from 0-25 yards.
**students wishing to use 38spl or 380ACP are encouraged to have extra gear such as speed strips, speed loaders and magazines. Pocket and ankle holsters are permitted after demonstration of safe gun handling from open carry strong side position.
Basic Concealed Carry or similar. The below drills are suggested as minimum skill requirements to meet the prerequisites. All drills are shot using primary carry firearm from the holster. The recommended target is the TRICON TCT-MK4 available from Action Target or TRICON B8 target.
- TRICON “Delta” Drill: at the 5 yard line; fire 1 round in 3 seconds. Repeat drill firing 2 rounds, 3 rounds, 4 rounds and 5 rounds. Must be below par for each stage and score 120/150 or higher.
- TRICON “Bravo” Drill: at the 10 yard line, fire 9 rounds reload and fire 1 round in 15 seconds. Must be below par and score 80/100 or higher.
- TRICON “Oscar” drill: start at the 25 yard line, draw and fire 5 rounds in 60 seconds. Move to the 15 yard line, draw and fire 5 rounds in 15 seconds. Move to the 10 yard line, draw and fire 5 rounds in 10 seconds. Must be below par at each stage and score 105/150 or higher.
Want to see other classes coming up this year? Check out the Course Schedule.