Tactical Rifle Course Description:
The Tactical Rifle 2 (203) is a 2-day intermediate rifle course designed to equip the modern rifleman with shooting skills necessary for close range urban defensive settings. In this intermediate rifle course, students learn essential rifle skills & standards from 5 to 50 yards. Close range shooting will focus on speed, while mid-range shooting will focus on accuracy. Students will constantly be exposed to challenging drills designed to shoot under pressure. Subjects covered include: proper zeroing procedures, shooting positions, gun handling and combat marksmanship. A major objective is the ability to mount the rifle quickly to deliver effective fire at urban distances measured against time and accuracy standards. Additional subjects include shooter diagnostics, surgical shooting, movement, use of cover and ammunition management.
Tactical Rifle Gear:
- AR15/M4 rifle/carbine
- Adjustable rifle sling
- Red dot sight or low powered variable optic
- Defensive pistol
- 1,000 rounds of factory rifle ammunition (500 rounds minimum)
- 50 rounds of factory pistol ammunition
- 5 x rifle magazines minimum
- 5 x inert rifle training rounds
- 2 x pistol magazines
- Range attire: long pants, comfortable shirt, athletic shoes and ball cap
- Elbow/knee pads or shooting pad (optional)
- Basic loadout: rigid belt, on the waistband (OWB) holster, magazine pouches and dump pouch
- Chest rig capable of holding 4 rifle magazines
- Handheld flashlight
- Clear/tinted wrap around ballistic eye protection
- Hearing protection
- Water, snacks, sunscreen and appropriate inclement weather clothing
- Firearms cleaning kit and quality lubrication
- Notebook and pencil
- Open mind
Tactical Rifle Prerequisites:
Basic Rifle 1 or similar. The below drills are suggested as minimum skill requirements to meet the prerequisites. All drills are shot using a low ready position of at least 45 degrees downward. The recommended target is the TRICON TCT-MK4 available from Action Target or an official NRA B8 repair center.
- TRICON Rifle Test: at the 25 yard line, fire 10 rounds (9 reload 1) in 15 seconds or less. Must be below par and score 70/100 points or higher.
- TRICON Rifle Bill Drill: at the 25 yard line, fire 4 rounds standing to the body, then drop to kneeling and fire 2 rounds to the head in 10 seconds or less. Must be below par and score 70/100 or higher.
- TRICON Rifle Slow Fire Test: at the 50 yard line, fire 10 rounds from any position in 60 seconds or less. Must be below par and score 70/100 or higher.
Registration fee does not include any associated range fees.
I recommend rifle 2 to anyone with a basic foundation of formal training up to expert shooters. Jeff does a great job of scaling the class to a level appropriate for its members. While you will definitely learn your foundational weaknesses as in my case, I would say the best feature of this class is its selection of drills that any shooter of any competency can perform and benefit from. Having a low skill floor and a high skill ceiling, this humbling class will make you a better marksman across the board.
Thor Oliver –
This was my second class with Trident Concepts in the last two years. Jeff is a good guy, a great American, and an amazing teacher who has a very easy way to communicate the objectives of the class to you as a student. Combative Rifle 2 is an Urban Defensive rifle class from point-blank engagement distances out to 50 yards. I will say upfront that this a truly an intermediate class and Tricon is assuming that you the student can perform basic manipulations and safe handling of the weapon on a firing line in close proximity to others. This will be a challenging class even for experienced shooters to maintain the high level of accuracy standards over the two-day course. The class will push you to a level of consistent accuracy that we should all be held to as responsible armed Americans. This class is great if you want to become a better more accurate rifle shooter. If you are all about being the coolest guy on Instagram and only care about posting your perfectly edited shooting content online then this class might not be for you, but if you care about becoming a better shooter, take this class!
mike sasso –
I attended Jeff’s Combative Rifle 2 Class in January 2022 in St Augustine. I was super cold with frost on the grass.
Yeah, we started with prone, builds character.
I have taken classes from most of the “big names” – and Jeff blows them all away.
You will work very hard, you will be under pressure, Jeff is very strict and pushes pushes and then pushes some more.
I have trained under Jeff six times now and he is unique. No b.s. pats on the head – this gentleman will make you better.
But, when you complete his curriculum you will be very comfortable with that rifle.