The Advanced Pistol 3 (301) is a 2-day advanced pistol course designed to test modern gunfighter’s skill level. In this advanced pistol course, students are tested on both speed and accuracy from 0 to 50 yards (where available). The curriculum is largely made up of graded drills both with prescribed group-paced standards and self-paced standards. Subjects covered included sight tracking, shot calling, self-evaluation and baselines. A major course objective is recognizing the individual elements or micro tasks that make up an activity and focus on perfecting them through concentrated effort. Additional subjects include shooter diagnostics, performance dissection, soft vs. hard focus and drill design for improved performance.
Gear & Equipment:
- Duty pistol, 9mm (red dot sight optional*)
- 1,000 rounds of training ammunition (500 rounds minimum)
- 5 x pistol magazines (8 magazines for single stacks)
- 5 x inert training rounds
- Range attire: long pants, comfortable shirt, athletic shoes and ball cap
- Basic loadout: rigid belt, on the waistband (OWB) holster, magazine pouches and dump pouch (optional)
- Handheld flashlight
- Multi-tool device
- Wrap around ballistic eye protection
- Hearing protection
- Water, snacks, sunscreen and appropriate inclement weather clothing
- Firearms cleaning kit and quality lubrication
- Notebook and pencil
- Open mind
*Students are welcome to use RDS equipped pistols, but must ensure they are properly zeroed. Recommended zero distance is 25 yards for optimal performance, but regardless students must know their impacts at ranges from 0-25 yards.
Tactical Pistol 2 or similar. The below drills are suggested as minimum skill requirements to meet the prerequisites. All drills are shot using primary carry firearm from the holster. The recommended target is the TRICON TCT-MK4 available from Action Target or TRICON B8 target.
- TRICON “Delta” Standard; at the 5 yard line; fire 1 round in 3 seconds. Repeat drill firing 2 rounds, 3 rounds, 4 rounds and 5 rounds. Must be below par for each stage and score 120/150 or higher.
- TRICON “Bravo” Standard; at the 10 yard line, fire 9 rounds reload and fire 1 round in 12 seconds. Must be below par and score 80/100 or higher.
- TRICON “Foxtrot” Standard; at the 7 yard line, fire 4 rounds to the body and 2 rounds to the head in 5 seconds and must be shot clean.
Registration fee does not include any associated range fees.