The Advanced Pistol 3 (301) is a 2-day advanced pistol course designed to test modern gunfighter’s skill level. In this advanced pistol course, students are tested on both speed and accuracy from 0 to 50 yards (where available). The curriculum is largely made up of graded drills both with prescribed group-paced standards and self-paced standards. Subjects covered included sight tracking, shot calling, self-evaluation and baselines. A major course objective is recognizing the individual elements or micro tasks that make up an activity and focus on perfecting them through concentrated effort. Additional subjects include shooter diagnostics, performance dissection, soft vs. hard focus and drill design for improved performance.
Advance Pistol Gear:
- Defensive pistol (9mm recommended)
- 1,000 rounds of factory ammunition (500 rounds minimum)
- 5 x pistol magazines (8 magazines for single stacks)
- 5 x inert training rounds
- Range attire: long pants, comfortable shirt, athletic shoes and ball cap
- Basic loadout: rigid belt, on the waistband (OWB) holster, magazine pouches and dump pouch (optional)
- Handheld flashlight
- Multi-tool device
- Wrap around ballistic eye protection
- Hearing protection
- Water, snacks, sunscreen and appropriate inclement weather clothing
- Firearms cleaning kit and quality lubrication
- Notebook and pencil
- Open mind
Advanced Pistol Course Prerequisite:
Tactical Pistol 2 or similar. The below drills are suggested as minimum skill requirements to meet the prerequisites. All drills are shot using primary carry firearm from the holster. The recommended target is the TRICON TCT-MK4 available from Action Target or an official NRA B8 repair center.
- TRICON Par 2.5 Drill; at the 5 yard line; draw and fire 1 round in 2.5 seconds. Repeat drill firing 2 rounds, 3 rounds, 4 rounds and 5 rounds. Must be below par for each stage and score 120/150 or higher.
- TRICON Test; at the 10 yard line, draw and fire 10 rounds (9 reload 1) in 10 seconds. Must be below par and score 80/100 or higher.
- TRICON Bill Drill; at the 7 yard line, draw and fire 4 rounds to the body and 2 rounds to the head. Must be shot clean between 4-5 seconds.
There are no reviews yet.