Fighting From Concealed Course Description:
The Fighting from Concealed (FFC) course is a basic one-day course on the dynamics of close quarters combatives. In this fighting course, students learn some of the basics to integrated combatives. Drills will focus on in-fight gun access and close quarters problems while flow drills will focus on empty hand and edged weapons deployment. Subjects include drawing & shooting from various positions, aggressive movement on contact, attackers in-fight gun control, contact & near contact shots, weapon strikes and weapon retention techniques. A major objective is creating time and distance to access various weapons while defending against common attacks and weapon takeaways. Supporting objectives include shooting from different positions in the drawstroke, fighting & recovering from the ground with a weapon, defensive positions, weapon access from various positions, knife deployment and strikes.
Fighting From Concealed Gear List:
- Defensive pistol (rendered safe), blue gun, airsoft pistol or SIRT pistol
- Range attire: long pants, comfortable shirt, athletic shoes, and ball cap
- Basic loadout: rigid belt, in the waistband (IWB) holster
- Groin protector and mouthpiece (optional)
- Handheld flashlight
- Wrap around ballistic eye protection
- Hearing protection
- Water, snacks, sunscreen, and appropriate inclement weather clothing
- Notebook and pencil
- Open mind
Fighting From Concealed Prerequisites:
Basic Concealed Carry or similar. The below drills are suggested as minimum skill requirements to meet the prerequisites. All drills are shot using primary carry firearm, but do not have to be performed from concealed. The recommended target is the TRICON TCT-MK4 available from Action Target or an official NRA B8 repair center.
- TRICON Pistol Standards Alpha: at the 10 yard line, draw and fire 10 rounds (9 reload 1) in 15 seconds. Must be below par and score 70/100 points or higher.
- TRICON Pistol Standards Delta: at the 5 yard line draw and fire 1 round in 2.5 seconds. Repeat firing 2 rounds, then 3 rounds, 4 rounds and finish with 5 rounds. Must be below par on each stage and score 105/150 or higher.
- TRICON Pistol Standards Golf: at the 5 yard line, draw and fire 5 rounds in 5.0 seconds. Repeat for a total of 5 repetitions. Must be below par on each stage and score 105/150 or higher.
Registration fee does not include any associated range fees.
There are no reviews yet.