The Advanced Operators Course (311) is an advanced 3-day course combining instruction and training for duty pistols and CQB rifles. Students learn to shoot both platforms equipped with modern accessories at their upper levels of performance, balancing both speed and accuracy. The curriculum is largely made up of graded drills designed to hold the shooter to a high level of accountability. Students are expected to have a high marksmanship knowledge level and demonstrable skills. Close range shooting with both pistol and rifle will focus on applying an acceptable sight picture and using rough trigger control. Long range shooting will emphasize understanding time, distance and exposure to score the fastest hits. Subjects covered include: proper zeroing, duty-level core competencies, gear setup, acceptable sight theory, evidence observed assessments and stress management techniques. Students are provided real time feedback and corrective strategies based on performance and specified needs. Additional subjects covered include: movement, multiple threats, positional shooting, bilateral shooting, target analysis and reduced targets.
- CQB rifle with red dot sight (suppressed 10.5″-12″bbl is recommended)
- Adjustable two point sling
- Duty pistol (weapon light optional)
- 1,000 rounds of training rifle ammunition
- 600 rounds of training pistol ammunition
- 5x rifle magazines and 3x pistol magazines minimum
- 5x inert training rounds for both
- Training uniform: long pants, comfortable shirt, athletic shoes, ball cap and gloves
- First line gear: rigid belt, sturdy holster, magazine pouches, dump pouch and IFAK
- Second line gear: chest rig or plate carrier capable of holding 3 rifle magazines
- Elbow/knee pads or shooting pad (optional)
- Handheld flashlight
- Multi-tool device
- Wrap around ballistic eye protection
- Hearing protection
- Water, snacks, sunscreen and appropriate inclement weather clothing
- Firearms cleaning kit and quality lubrication
- Notebook and pencil
- Open mind
Tactical Rifle 2 or similar. The below drills are suggested as minimum skill requirements to meet the prerequisites. All rifle drills are shot using a low ready position of at least 45 degrees downward. All pistol drills are shot from a duty/tactical holster. The recommended target is the TRICON TCT-MK4 available from Action Target or printable TRICON B8 target..
- TRICON pistol “Bravo” Standard; at the 10 yard line, fire 9 rounds reload and fire 1 round in 12 seconds. Must be below par and score 80/100 or higher.
- TRICON rifle “Delta” standard: at the 50 yard line, fire 2 rounds standing, go kneeling fire 3 rounds, go prone fire 4 rounds go kneeling fire 1 round in 15 seconds or less. Must be below par and score 80/100 or higher.
- TRICON rifle “Juliet” standard: at the 50 yard line, fire 10 rounds from any position in 60 seconds or less. Must be below par and score 80/100 or higher.