Professional Development Description
Professional Development (099) is a two-hour seminar were participants literally shoot a series of drills that Jeff uses to maintain his skill level. The session centers around his monthly live fire training so each seminar is unique and will be different. Each of the drills is briefed, demonstrated and shot individually for score. The standards are further defined for the various skill levels and how to properly document performance to evaluate progress. Participants will get first hand knowledge on the methodology Jeff uses to trains; which includes essential skills identification, minimum performance standard, degree of difficulty and degree of atrophy. Due to time constraints and safety, all drills are shot from open carry strong side. Professional Development seminar is ideal for shooters with an intermediate skill level and a desire to know how to build their own training program based off proven results.
Entry Level Skills Test:
Participants must be able to meet a minimum standard on the Entry Level Skills Test. Failure to do so could result in dismissal from the seminar for safety and time considerations. The test is shot cold with no warm up for best results. You will need the following: defensive pistol, holster, 10 rounds of ammunition, timer and NRA B8 or similar target. The test is performed twice. Each test has a maximum of 50 points possible. individual scores are tallied for final score.
- Task: On the signal, draw and fire five (5) rounds
- Condition: From the 20 yard line versus a bullseye target within a 10 second par time
- Standards: 80% or higher combined score.
Basic Gear List:
- Defensive pistol (9mm recommended)
- 200 rounds of factory ammunition
- 3x pistol magazines minimum
- Range appropriate clothing
- Rigid belt, quality holster and magazine pouches
- Wrap around ballistic eye protection
- Hearing protection
- Firearms cleaning kit and quality lubrication (optional)
- Water, snacks, sunscreen and appropriate inclement weather clothing
- Notebook and pencil
- Open mind
Professional Development Prerequisite:
Tactical Pistol 2 or similar, see entry level skill test for admission.
Registration fee does not include any associated range fees.