TACOST Training Program Description
The TACOST Training Program (050) is a two-hour workshop designed to familiarize shooters on how to maximize the TACOST training cards. The workshop focuses on the training format, how the program was designed and intended for use. This includes the breakdown and how best to exploit the program for improved shooting performance. The content, the details on the various courses of fire and how to administer them are explained then practiced. Students will work from three different formats; shooting goal specific, ammunition quantity specific and random selection. Each exercise is designed to give first person accounts on how to use the training program. A TACOST Pistol deck is provided to each student for use during the workshop.
TACOST Training Gear List:
- Defensive pistol (9mm recommended)
- 200 rounds of factory ammunition
- 3x pistol magazines minimum
- Range appropriate attire: long pants, comfortable shirt, athletic shoes and ball cap
- Basic loadout: rigid belt, on the waistband (OWB) holster, magazine pouches and dump pouch
- Wrap around ballistic eye protection
- Hearing protection (electronic recommended)
- Water, snacks, sunscreen and appropriate inclement weather clothing
- Firearms cleaning kit and quality lubrication
- Notebook and pencil
- Open mind
Pistol Class Prerequisite:
Combative Pistol 1 or similar
Registration fee does not include any associated range fees.
Chris James –
The TACOST Training Program is a game changer and makes practicing with friends at the range a blast. The program requires a firearm (duh), a timer and a desire to push your shooting to the next level. I have the MantisX program which is great for dry fire and live fire assessment but it’s not really practical in the sense that you don’t always have a connection to what results you see on the paper. It also gets pretty boring pretty fast. The scenarios on each card will test all sorts of pistol fundamentals and when paired with friends it results in endless competitive fun.