The Tactical Carry 2 (202) is an intermediate 2-day course on the fundamentals of everyday carry. In this intermediate carry course, students learn the essential skills for concealing and drawing a pistol under a variety of environmental and logistical considerations. Close range shooting will focus on quickly defeating the cover garment for fast shots on target. Stand off range shooting will focus on accuracy under time pressure. Subjects include concealed carry methods, drawstroke techniques, hand position, defeat methodology, supporting equipment and defensive mindset. A major objective is the ability to defeat any cover garment then deliver quick and effective shots to stop an deadly force threat. Supporting objectives include movement, choosing cover garments, verbal commands, ammunition management and strong hand only.
Gear & Equipment:
- Carry pistol, 9mm (red dot sight optional*)
- 1,000 rounds of practice ammunition
- 25 rounds of defense ammunition
- 5 x pistol magazines minimum (8 for single stacks)
- 5 x inert training rounds
- Training uniform required:
- Polo or T-shirt
- Button-down shirt
- Jacket or coat
- Sweater or hoodie
- Concealed carry gear
- Sturdy belt
- Inside the Waistband (IWB) holster
- Outside the Waistband (OWB) holster
- Single and or double magazine pouch
- Handheld flashlight with pocket clip
- Clear/tinted ballistic wrap around eye protection
- Hearing protection
- Cleaning kit and lubrication
- Notebook and pencil
- Water and snacks
- Open mind
*Students are welcome to use RDS equipped pistols, but must ensure they are properly zeroed. Recommended zero distance is 25 yards for optimal performance, but regardless students must know their impacts at ranges from 0-25 yards.
Basic Concealed Carry or similar. The below drills are suggested as minimum skill requirements to meet the prerequisites. All drills are shot using primary carry firearm from the holster. The recommended target is the TRICON TCT-MK4 available from Action Target or TRICON B8 target.
- TRICON “Delta” Drill: at the 5 yard line; fire 1 round in 5 seconds. Repeat drill firing 2 rounds, 3 rounds, 4 rounds and 5 rounds. Must be below par for each stage and score 105/150 or higher.
- TRICON “Bravo” Drill: at the 10 yard line, fire 9 rounds reload and fire 1 round in 15 seconds. Must be below par and score 70/100 or higher.
- TRICON “Oscar” drill: start at the 25 yard line, draw and fire 5 rounds in 60 seconds. Move to the 15 yard line, draw and fire 5 rounds in 15 seconds. Move to the 10 yard line, draw and fire 5 rounds in 10 seconds. Must be below par at each stage and score 105/150 or higher.
Registration fee does not include any associated range fees.